We solve the tough problems so you don't have to...

Solved – WordPress – Fatal error: Allowed memory size of

We had a Godaddy domain IP address change and afterwards we unable to access sites we had in a sub-domain. After the IP issue was resolved the sites still didn’t come up. The page read

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2348617 bytes) in

This article solved our issue.

http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/fix-wordpress-memory-exhausted-error-increase-php-memory/

We just had to add the following line to the “wp-config.php” file.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
Let us know if this helped you…

c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile|Desktop + unavailable

Had a customer with a very slow computer. When we examined the Resource Manager there were some processes that could be ended. After the processes were ended the desktop disappeared, and we got the following error message.

A search lead us to a bunch of results. I used the following YouTube Video to help me solve the issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzq9hMWjQK8

 

Let us know if this helped you…

 

Surface Pro Won’t Charge

We had a call from a customer with 3 surface pros that were no longer charging. We discovered it was a known problem. The fix is to go into the “Device Manager” and uninstall the battery. Make sure to not remove the AC device. Restart and the correct driver will re-install. There is one more step to run a fix. This will keep this issue from coming back. We found the fix on this page.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4023536/surface-surface-battery-wont-charge

Let us know if this helped you…

 

Solved – “Cannot start Microsoft Outlook.”

We had a rough time with a customers Outlook 2016. It wouldn’t start and would give us the “Cannot start Microsoft Outlook” error. We repaired the OST and reinstalled Office 2016, but this didn’t fix the issue. It would seem like the error was fixed, but after a restart the issue would come back.

We used the following link to lead us to the right resolution.
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Fix-your-Outlook-email-connection-by-repairing-your-profile-4D5FEBF6-7623-486B-9A9F-D5CFC4264AF3

We then downloaded the repair tool from this page.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Fix-your-Outlook-email-connection-by-repairing-your-profile-4D5FEBF6-7623-486B-9A9F-D5CFC4264AF3

We ran the tool and got the following message.

Which lead us to turn off IPV6.

  • Go to Control Panel
  • Click on “Network and Sharing Center”.
  • Click on the given “Network Connection”.
  • Click “Properties”.
  • On the “Networking” tab, clear the “Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) check box, and then click “OK”.

Let us know if this helped your issue…

 

Finding and Changing Your Office Product Key

We recently had an office that needed their Microsoft Office 2016 re-installed. They had 20 downloadable copies but we had no idea which license was being used by which employee. Using the following method we were able to find the product keys and get their licenses straightened out.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Change-your-Office-product-key-d78cf8f7-239e-4649-b726-3a8d2ceb8c81#ID0EABAAA=Use_a_command-line_script

Let us know if this helped you…

 

Exchange – Your message can’t be delivered because delivery to this address is restricted.

We had a customer getting this bounce back error occasionally. Research lead me to an Exchange distribution group restriction.

I went into the exchanged and examined the Group Distribution List. I wasn’t able to just add the email address so I left it checked with “Accept messages from”  and checked “All senders”. I then unchecked “Require that all senders are authenticated.” I used the following article to help me with this call.

https://kb.intermedia.net/article/3278

My final screen looked like this.

Let us know if this helps you out….

 

Fix operation could not be completed (error 0x00000709) Printer Error

I got this error working on clients machine. The fix was pretty easy. I used a YouTube video to get started. It took me to the Registry and had me change the permissions on a folder to “full control”, and this fixed the issue.

The issue was I was unable to remove or set a printer to be the default. The video was a good start. Made the registry change and rebooted and everything was working great. I saw the next YouTube video for the same issue; however, after this guy set the permissions to “full control” and fixed the printer issue he set the permissions back on the folder to where they were before. I am thinking this is a better way to do it.

Let us know if this helped you…

Google Calendar RSS Feed Showing Wrong Date & Time

Had an issue with a RSS feed from Google Calendar where the date and time was wrong in the feed. It was right in the calendar and in calendar view; however, if you viewed the specific details the date and time was off by hours. It turned out to be that specific calendar’s time zone. Here is a video that shows the steps I walked through.

Let us know if this helps you….