We had a customer getting this error when printing a PDF. It was a networked printer so once one job failed the rest would stack up. Working with a printer repair company they sent us on the right path to get this resolved.
Delete out any queued print jobs.
Update Acrobat Reader to the latest version.
Power-cycle the printer by turning the printer power off, wait 10 seconds, and turn the printer back on.
A customer called in because the hard drive in their copier died and was replaced. Since it was replaced the settings were never the same and their “Scan-to-folder” and “scan-to-email” was no longer working.
I could see there was an attempt by someone to get this set up; however, they would get an error about failing to send because of SMTP authentication. In the web interface of the printer which I reached by typing the IP address of the printer into the browser window and supplying the default credentials of “admin” and password “1111”.
Go to the “Properties” tab and in the Menu on the left under “Services” go to “Email” and then “Setup”. Go to the “Required Information” tab. This group is using Office 365 to handle their email, so I needed the following settings:
SMTP Server: smtp.office365.com
Host Name: check this box.
Device Email Address: I had to add a valid email address and password.
While still in the “SMTP (Email)” section go to the “SMTP Authentication” tab. Here is what we needed fixed. It should look like the following:
You can use the “test configuration” button to make sure it is working properly.
This YouTube video did help me get the connection to Active Directory working correctly.
Here is a link to Xerox’s support for the copier I was working on.
I got this error working on clients machine. The fix was pretty easy. I used a YouTube video to get started. It took me to the Registry and had me change the permissions on a folder to “full control”, and this fixed the issue.
The issue was I was unable to remove or set a printer to be the default. The video was a good start. Made the registry change and rebooted and everything was working great. I saw the next YouTube video for the same issue; however, after this guy set the permissions to “full control” and fixed the printer issue he set the permissions back on the folder to where they were before. I am thinking this is a better way to do it.