This didn’t fix the issue because Excel and Word were still blocked by EMET. This also messed up the Office 2013 install, so I ran a repair on Office 2013 from Add and Remove Programs. When Excel opened up I had to re-activate the Office programs. I got this repaired.
I removed EMET and re-installed the latest EMET 5.5. This still didn’t resolve the issue. I found this this next link that lead me down a good path.
We recently had to move a domain from Wild West Domains to another Godaddy Reseller hosting account. This was able to be done in just a few minutes where a domain transfer usually takes a week to complete. We ran into issue when Godaddy moved the DNS in the background and then asked me what the MX record was. They didn’t explain to me that that we should have written it down, so now we had to start from scratch.
I logged into their Office 365 account as the Admin and went to Setup >> Domains. We could see there were issues with the various records.
We clicked on the domain name with the issue and it lead us to some screens to fix the issue.
We clicked on the “click here to view”.
Clicking on “Fix my Records” took me to a Godaddy Login where it asked for authorization and then it would fix my records; however, I had already went in and manually updated the records. Their page gave me good instructions on what records to add. It was broken up in sections and those sections had titles. Those title were the type of record I needed to add. In the image above you will see “MX Records” and CName Records”.
A customer called in because the hard drive in their copier died and was replaced. Since it was replaced the settings were never the same and their “Scan-to-folder” and “scan-to-email” was no longer working.
I could see there was an attempt by someone to get this set up; however, they would get an error about failing to send because of SMTP authentication. In the web interface of the printer which I reached by typing the IP address of the printer into the browser window and supplying the default credentials of “admin” and password “1111”.
Go to the “Properties” tab and in the Menu on the left under “Services” go to “Email” and then “Setup”. Go to the “Required Information” tab. This group is using Office 365 to handle their email, so I needed the following settings:
SMTP Server: smtp.office365.com
Host Name: check this box.
Device Email Address: I had to add a valid email address and password.
While still in the “SMTP (Email)” section go to the “SMTP Authentication” tab. Here is what we needed fixed. It should look like the following:
You can use the “test configuration” button to make sure it is working properly.
This YouTube video did help me get the connection to Active Directory working correctly.
Here is a link to Xerox’s support for the copier I was working on.
We got a call from a customer that was unable to print a document out of Word. We could use the “Printer Properties” in the “Control Panel” and print a test page. I could print out of Notepad just fine. When we tried to print from Word it was selecting “Print To PDF” when the default printer was a HP 3015.
We found advice on the Web for just plan re-installing the printer.
In Outlook >> File >> Options >> Add-ins we discovered a “Sage” add-in. They use Sage for their banking but felt that shouldn’t be attached to their email. We turned off the “Sage” add-in and we were no longer getting the issue.