We got a call from a user who says the keyboard it typing wrong letters. We used the “Device Manager” to see if the driver was up-to-date, and it was. We discovered there was a Extension in her Chrome browser that was labeled as Malware and was suppose to help type-to-search. We removed this Extension, reset the browser, and restarted the machine.
When the machine came back up we found the keyboard to work fine. The customer said the Function Keys still didn’t work right. In a search we discovered this article and the “Function Lock” key.
Sure enough the customer had a “F Lock” key. She pressed this key and turned off the function lock and everything was working as normal.
Let us know if this helped you…