Windows Auto Scrolling Can’t Select Printer Acrobat

We had a call where the user wasn’t able to select the default printer while in Acrobat reader DC. It did work in every other program. He was working from home and connected to his work network via VPN. When he opened Acrobat and tried to select the local printer the printer selection would automatically go back to the network printer. I disconnected the VPN and removed the network printer knowing when he connected the network again he would get it back.

Now when we tried to select the network printer in Acrobat it would jump up to the first choice of “Fax”. Different but not better. Another tech noticed it happened when ever we tried to use the Windows scroller on the side of a window it was autoscrolling.

We thought it might be the touch pad or something else wrong with Windows so we patched the Dell with new chipset, BIOS, touchpad driver, and nothing worked.

The problem was solved when we noticed there were two mice in the device manager. One was a generic “HID mouse” we removed this and everything was working.

Let us know if this helped you.

 

Monitor Out Of Range

We got a call for a customer’s monitor showing “out of range“. This is all the customer could see. We were able to use ScreenConnect and we could see the desktop fine, so it must be the monitor.

One suggestion was to go to “msconfig“, in the “boot” tab, check “base video“, and reboot.

This got the user to be able to see their monitor; however, when we tried to set the resolution to what they had before the monitor went black again with the warning “out of range”. Since we were connected remotely we could see the desktop and make the changes to get desktop visible again. A tech went on-site.

The tech had an extra DVI cable in the vehicle and swapping the cable totally fixed the issue. We think a recent power surge there may have caused the issue.

Let us know if this helped you…

 

Windows 10 Desktop Icons Missing But In Users Desktop Folder

We got a call from a customer who’s machine was having issues. We were able to force a restart on the machine, but when the machine came back up all their desktop files and icons were not there. I went to restore a few of them when I got the warning that the shortcut I was adding was already there. Never seen this before.

A quick search lead me to this page:

Fix: Desktop Icons are Missing in Windows 10

This solved the issue. We just had to check “Show desktop icons” and everything came back.

Let us know if this helps you.

 

Adobe Software Integrity Service Popup

We purchased Adobe Creative Suite 6 years ago, but started getting the popups about non-genuine software.

This popup was non-stop, so I called the number. They said the software we purchased was counterfeit, and they can move us to a subscription based software instead. We did purchase the software from EBay in 2013, so 5 years ago.

Searching the web about this issue lead me to the following link which helped disable the popups, so I could work.

I found the process running that causes the popups.

The secret is disable the service. For me using a work machine I had to run Services as an administrator. From there I could disable the service following the instructions in the video.

When I searched my machine for the client that runs this service I was able to locate them here.

Let us know if this helped you…

 

Azure Unable To Add Role To My Subscription

While getting familiar with Azure we were asked to give another company permissions over our clients Azure Active Directory account. We followed the steps provided by the client; however, when trying to give another user permissions to this service we got an error that we didn’t have permissions or role to do this.

The fix was a simple checkbox that was filter out the correct subscription. The following image shows what to look for.

Uncheck to not “filter” your subscriptions results.

Let us know if this helped you…

 

Browser Not Going To Site – Search Encrypt

We got a call from a customer who couldn’t get to a website she uses everyday. The issue was in Chrome. I went to the extensions to see if anything strange was installed. I saw “Search Encrypt“.

A quick search lead me to an article at Malwarebytes.

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/226686-removal-instructions-for-search-encrypt/

This article was on removing Search Encrypt and a lot of places label it as Malware. We would too.

Let us know if this helped you…