Had a customer who was having issues opening Office attachments from Outlook. EMET was popping up and preventing Excel and Word from opening attachments in Outlook.
I found this article which got me started.
This didn’t fix the issue because Excel and Word were still blocked by EMET. This also messed up the Office 2013 install, so I ran a repair on Office 2013 from Add and Remove Programs. When Excel opened up I had to re-activate the Office programs. I got this repaired.
I removed EMET and re-installed the latest EMET 5.5. This still didn’t resolve the issue. I found this this next link that lead me down a good path.
I removed MalwareBytes, restarted the machine, and everything was working now.
I imported the three .XML files mentioned in the link above as well.
Let us know if this helped you…